New Product Group
Description: An Product group is the third lowest level of the catalog hierarchy and contains similar items. This use case describes how to create a new Product group.
Actor: Content Manager
- Standard Chapter should be created (similar as create new Product group in this use case)
- Main Picture should by created (see more Create Document)
- Go to the Product Groups (Product Information/Product Groups)
- Click New
- General fast tab
- Press Enter to generate Code from the default No. Series or type in unique Code manually
- Fill the Description/Description 2
- System status shows the state of completeness based on the data quality check. See more system status.
- Standard Chapter – select the Chapter you want to add this Product Group to or create new according to this Use Case
- Base unit – Select the main unit for this Product Group
- Picture ID - Select the main picture from list or create new one
- Linking fast tab – the list of Item Groups which are added to this Product Group. You can add the existing item groups to this Product Group (click on the new line and set the Line Type to “Item Group”)
- Details fast tab – you can add detailed information about Product Group
- Inheritance fast tab – select what thisProduct Group should inherit from the mother´s entity (Standard Chapter).
Note: Allium recommends to set Inherit Features to “True” and Inherit Documents, Inherit Pictures and Inherit Keywords to “False”.
- Log – contains information about the Product Group
Make default structure of Master Data
Description: This use case describes how to create the basic structure of catalog data. It is possible to use this structure and if it is necessary then to adapt it in a publications catalog. First options is to link entity in it´s card and second option is link in Allocation tree. Allocation tree displays all entities that does not have a higher level assigned. You can link entities here either using Insert new Peer (Child) or drag and drop. For example if you add Item as new child to the Item Group it will appear in the Standard Item Group on Item card.
Actor: Content Manager
You have an Item, an Item Group, a Product group and/or a Chapter. You can create the Item Group, Product group and Chapter like you create the Item (see more Item, Item group/Product Group/Chapter/Catalog Group)
- Go to the Chapter or the highest level of your structure (Product Information/Chapter)
- Go to Linking fast tab - you can add child master data.
- Select LineType (The Product Group, Item Group etc)
- Select Number of the item or the group of items
- You can use the same steps for the Item Group and the Product Group
- Go to Role Center
- Open Allocation Tree
- Switch on ACTIONS ribbon tab
- Start create the structure with Insert New Peer and Insert New Child or by drag and drop
Description: Catalog data are structured in the tree hierarchy. You can inherit from higher entity do the lower entity in the hierarchy (e.g. Product Group to Item Group, Chapter to Product group etc.). It can inherit Classes, Features, Feature Values, Keywords, Descriptions, Pictures, Documents, Media, and Graphic. For example, feature can be added to the Product group, from which it will inherit the item group and from item group the item. The process is always very similar. This use case describes how to inherit from the Item group to Item.
Actor: Content Manager
- At least one Item Group and one Item exists (see more Item, Item group/Product Group/Chapter/Catalog Group)
- Item Group has assigned Features, Feature Values, Keywords, Descriptions, Pictures, Documents, Media, or Graphic(see more Feature/Feature Group, Keyword, Description, Pictures, Media, Documents and Graphic)
- Go to Items (Product information/Items)
- Open the Item Card
- Set the Standard Item Group as Item Group from which you can inherit
- Go to Inheritance (Control) fast tab – select what this Item should inherit from the mother´s entity (Item Group).
- Feature – inherit all feature from mother´s entity
- Feature Value – inherit values from mother´s entity, it must be tick the Feature checkbox at the same time
- Class – inherit feature and keywords which are set in Class. The class must be attached to Item Group (mother´s entity)
- Digital Access – inherit Documents, Pictures, Media or Graphic
Note: Allium recommends to set Inherit Features, Descriptions, Keywords to “True”. In the Catalog Setup you can set what each new item should inherit.
Note: After unticking, the inherited Features, Values, Classes, Keywords and Digital Assets will be deleted from Item.
Note: If the value is overwritten at a higher level, this change is also reflected in lower levels. Inherited values cannot be overwritten at child level.