Description: Pimics allows translating descriptions and rich texts for enabled languages. This use case describes how to enable language for Pimics translations.
- Go to Catalog Setup (search it)
- Go to Languages in Pimics, there are Languages which are allowed in Pimics
- You can add or delete line
- Confirm message Do you want to add language to catalogue?
Translate Item description
Description: For allowed languages, you are able to translate descriptions in master data such as product information, classification and digital assets. In the following use case, we will look at how to translate item descriptions.
- Enabled language(s) for Pimics (see more Set-up language for Pimics)
- Existing Item (see more New Item)
- Go to Item list (Product Information/Items)
- Open Item Card
- In the ribbon, click on tab NAVIGATE and then on button Translations
- On the Translation page, click on Edit List
- Click on the field Item Description and fill the translation for the available language
- Untick field Activity on the line and confirm dialogue “Do you wish to close the Translation
Note: On the majority of pages, area Translations is attached on the page card.
- Open Card
- Go to Translations fast tab
- Select line with the Language Code of language to which you want to translate the description
- Fill in the Item Description/Item Description 2 for the specific Language Code
- Translated means translation is done – this checkbox is ticked automatically
- Activity means translation is under development – tick this checkbox if the translation is not ready yet.
Translate rich texts
Description: Rich texts allows to describe the master data with more details. And for enabled languages, it’s possible to translate these rich texts as it’s described. This use case describes hot to translate rich texts in descriptions.
- Go to Item Group list (Product Information/Item Group)
- Open Item Group card with existing Rich text
- In NAVIGATE ribbon tab, click on tab Navigate and button Description
- Click on the line with rich text description class Base
- In Ribbon, click on tab NAVIGATE and button Translations
- On the following page, you can see available languages, a preview of Base Language Description and Foreign Language Description
- Select the line with the language you want to translate text in
- In the Ribbon, go to tab ACTIONS and click on Edit Foreign Text
- Fill the translation
- Close the rich text
- Go to ACTIONS and click on button Confirm Translations
- Confirm the action and selected language is translated