Description: Feature is the base characteristic of an entity. The feature means feature name and feature value. For example, the feature could be length, color, size etc. This use case describes how to create a new feature.
Actor: Content Manager
- Go to Features (Classification/Features)
- Click New
- General fast tab
- Press Enter to generate new Feature ID from the default Number Series or type in unique Feature ID
- Fill in the Description (e.g. “Color”)
- Fill in the Abbreviation
- Unit ID – fill in if the feature value can be measured by a unit (e.g. Inch, Kg, mm etc.). Unit Shorthand will be added automatically. If there are no Units, create a new. (see more UC813 New Catalog Unit)
- Field Type/Field Format – select the type/format
- System status shows the state of completeness based on the data quality check. See more system status.
- Search Feature ID is filled automatically
- Values fast tab - the list of values which specify which value could be assigned in the feature,
- Click on to the new line to create new value for this feature (e.g. “Black”, “Red”, “Yellow”).
- Select Value ID or create a new.
- Description is filled automatically
- Translations fast tab – set up the translations for the Feature (see more Translations)
- Allocations fast tab – you can add more information about the Feature
Note: You can also define the feature which is not an option. In this case, you should not create and assign the values.
Add Feature to an Entity (Item/ Item group/ Product group/Chapter/Catalog Group/Class)
Description: The features are the characteristics of the entities. The feature can be added to an Item/Item group/Product Group/Class and so on. Entities can be sorted, ordered, and otherwise manipulated by the use of the features. This use case describes how to add a feature to the entity.
Actor: Content Manager
- Open the list of entity for which you want to add the Feature (Product Information/ Item or Item group or Product Group or Chapter or Catalogue Group)
- Open the Entity Card
- Switch to NAVIGATE ribbon tab and click on Features
- Click New to create a new line
- Select the Group System Number
- Select Line Type to Feature
- In the field, Number select the Feature from the list
- If the Feature uses values, you can specify which values are available for the Item
- Click on the arrow in Values field and a new window is opened
- In the field Value Allowed you can specify if the values could be selected as the value on the feature (List must be in Edit List mode) for this Item
- Click OK to save settings (If you do any changes, fields Values and Possible Values has been changed).
- Value - If the feature uses values you can select from the list. If the feature doesn´t uses values type in the field Value by text or number
- Unit shorthand is filled automatically based on the Feature
Note: The entity can inherit the features from the mother´s entity. So for example, you can define the features for the Item group and item inherits those features from the Item group (including values if needed). You should use this functionality when the items have the same features. For example, you have the item group called T-shirt with the features Color (red, blue, white,..), Size (S,M,L,XL,..), Long sleeve (yes/no). You can assign all T-shirt items to this Item group and then specify the feature values for each Item.