Description: Feature group associates feature into one. For example, feature group Size associates Height x Width x Depth. This use case describes how to create a Feature Group.
Actor: Content Manager
- Go to Feature Groups (Classification/Feature Groups)
- Click on New to create new Feature Group Card
- General fast tab
- Press enter to generate a new Feature Group ID from the default Number Series or type in unique ID manually.
- Fill in the Description
- Fill Value Pattern for example # x # x # mm
- System status shows the state of completeness based on the data quality check. See more system status.
- Features fast tab
- Click on the new line and select Feature ID which you want to join to Feature Group.
- Other fields will be filled automatically
- Join another feature
- Translations fast tab – set the translations for the Feature Group (see more UC602 Translate Item description)
Add Feature Group to an Entity (Item/ Item group/ Product group/Product group/Chapter/ Class)
Description: The features are the characteristics of the entities. The feature can be added to an Item/Item group/Product Group/Class and so on. Entities can be sorted, ordered, and otherwise manipulated by the use of the features. This use case describes how to add a feature group to the entity.
Actor: Content Manager
- Open the list of entity for which you want to add the Feature Group (Product Information/ Item or Item group or Product Group or Chapter or Catalogue Group)
- Open the Entity Card
- Switch to NAVIGATE ribbon tab and click on Features
- Click New to create a new line
- Select the Group System Number
- Select Line Type to Feature Group
- In the field, Number select the Feature Group from the list
- If the Feature uses values, you can specify which values are available for the Item
- Click on the arrow in Values field and a new window is opened
- In the field Value Allowed you can specify if the values could be selected as the value on the feature (List must be in Edit List mode) for this Item
- Click OK to save settings (If you do any changes, fields Values and Possible Values has been changed).
- Value - If the feature uses values you can select from the list. If the feature doesn´t uses values type in the field Value by text or number
- Unit shorthand is filled automatically based on the Feature
Note: The entity can inherit the features from the mother´s entity. So for example, you can define the features for the Item group and item inherits those features from the Item group (including values if needed). You should use this functionality when the items have the same features. For example, you have the item group called T-shirt with the features Color (red, blue, white,..), Size (S,M,L,XL,..), Long sleeve (yes/no). You can assign all T-shirt items to this Item group and then specify the feature values for each Item.