Description: Publication is used for publishing data. Publication´s structure suited more to e-commerce and electronic catalogs. This use case describes how to create a new publication.
Actor: Channel Manager
- Go to the Publications (Publication Management/Publications)
- Click on New to create new Publication
- Press Enter to get the unique Code from the number series
- Fill in the Base Description
- Group System Number – select which records have to be used in a publication (internal or from certification)
- Unit Group System – select which unit has to be used in a publication (internal or from certification)
- System Status shows the state of completeness based on the data quality check. See more system status and Publication Tree
- Channel – templates and rules for export publication
- Usage Type Code– this field affects which data are selected for the publication. Only information marked with this Usage Type Code will be uploaded into the publication.
- Go to Contact fast tab and fill information about the customer for which will be the publication created
- Go to Allocations fast tab and add more information about the Publication
- Go to Control fast tab and specify the Groups based on which the publication will be generated.
- Click on Publication Structure on the ribbon tab HOME (see more Publication Tree)